C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:42:43 -0800
I have cp, i am 48 years old, and I remember being extremely angry when I
was a kid and teenager  that my speech impairment kept me from having very
many friends. At age 24 I was rudely told that my behavior was immature by
a so-called friend. i probably didn't feel caught up to normal people until
I was over thirty.  You might want to get your son in to a recreation
program w9ith others who have disabilities.

~Tamar Mag Raine
IM: tamarmag48
Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities

effectively to our son. It seems as though we are not getting thru to him.
For example. We have to constantly repeat what we say over and over. He
doesn't seem to absorb what we say to him. It seems like he doesn't care.
Maybe it's frustration on his part wanting to be like everyone else but
can't? Any suggestions?