C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:19:30 -0700
Cindy,

The majority of what I do is disability awareness training and
education, but I also work with individuals to help them find resources,
or information.  My degree is in political science, but I also have a
lot of coursework in secondary education and sociology.

The whole state has fewer than 500,000 people, so it's hard to justify
two Universities, and the state's economy wouldn't support two 4 year
schools very well either.  There's also the question of where it would
be located.   We have two "cities" of over 50,000 people, and the rest
of the state's population is spread over nearly 100,000 square miles.
The majority of the state is classified as "frontier, or 'profoundly
rural'"

Kendall Corbett

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950