C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:52:06 -0400
well, guy, if you remember my doctor told me he thought i could file a work
related illness clain on my hand pain. as you remember my doc then ask me to
write the medical report for him. i went with telling him that i'd basically
write in laymens terms where there was pain and the degree of the pain and
how i thought the job had contributed.  i wrote that and faxed it to him. i
confirmed that he got it. i have not heard anything from him since. even
when i call i get nothing but a promise of a call back. i get not call back.
today, i need the report in order to get it mailed to jacksonville for the
review. i would have to fax it to be sure. if i don't get something from
him, my claim is left out on a limb with the limb being sawed off.
  in the meantime i have a (normally pediactric) ortho that does lots of
work with cp children but also has expanded to see some adults who has
agreed to start seeing me.

  does it make good sense to switch to this ortho who is pretty knowlegable
of cp even thoght mostly in children, or do i search for another physiatrist
that may or may not specifically know cp and dystonia.

your advice?