C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:07:47 -0700
Meir and Jonathan,

Karen Selick's reaction to the Canadian airline ruling is similar to what's
happened in the US, in some cases, with the ADA.  A really good book on this
is:

*Make Them Go Away: Clint Eastwood, Christopher Reeve and the Case Against
Disability Rights (Paperback) *by Mary
Johnson<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/103-8560560-2897411?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=mary%20johnson>(Author).
 The courts in the US have rendered a lot of decisions that have
weakened the ADA.  (Littleton v WalMart is a very recent example).

Unfortunately, Selick's reaction has done people with similar viewpoints a
lot of "good" in the US.  I don't know what the appellate process or climate
is in Canada, but please keep us informed on this, Meir.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950