C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:17:52 -0400
From a Thanksgiving hols site (http://www.didyouknow.cd/thanksgiving.htm):

After a few deviations of the day of celebration - Thanksgiving was held on
7 December in 1865, and 18 November in 1869 - the last Thursday in November
was proclaimed as the national Thanksgiving day, but still not a officially
holiday. Thanksgiving remained a custom unsanctified by law until President
Roosevelt signed a bill on 26 November 1941 that established the fourth
Thursday in November as the national Thanksgiving public holiday.