C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:00:45 -1000
I spent all weekend reviewing articles and lists on CP to get more
info to help Case. One thing I found out is that they are already
using stem cells for CP in other countries and with some good
results. They have found out embryonic stem cells are no better than
adult cells and we all have those. There were a couple of articles on
severely damaged brains that regained cells. They did not say if this
was proven through before and after MRI's or just how. Human trials
are illegal in the US so this is being done in Mexico and the
Dominican and I think Russia.
According to this family, one blind CP child could see after the
treatment and started tracking things. Very amazing results in some
cases. Also it can help adults as much as children evidently. Anyone
here ever tried anything this far out?

All the best,

Linda