C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Younkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 11:09:26 -0700
Mag,

I partly disagree with you.  I think getting help is a good idea, but
asking Anee to give up something recreational is akin to giving in to her
CP.  Sure, life would be easier if we all just sat home in our own little
world, but I refuse to do that.  For too many years I sat home and was a
good little CP boy, but now it's my turn to live. Is life a struggle?  You
bet it is, I struggle and take risks everyday, that's just part of life.
 Anee whether she knows it or not is a role model for others, as you are
and hopefully me too.  There was a time I hated going out, wouldn't eat in
public because I was too embarassed, and then one day I said screw society
if they are bothered by me that's their problem not mine.  So I say to Anee
do what you can to be safe and control your problems, but NEVER curtail
your activities solely because you have CP.

Tom