C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:20:48 -0600
It's called euphemistically eugenics.  Please see Tuskegee Syphilis trials,
30's, 40's into the ?  forced sterilizations of anyone deemed not fit for
society here in America, forcible relocation of Natives, Chinese, African
diaspora, Australia basically hunted Tasmanians till the last died.  There
was much support for eugenics in this country and what the Nazi's did.  Look
what's happening in many African countries where millions die.  There is no
such thing as a perfect race, religion, etc.  All our backgrounds have blood
on our hands.  We must learn from the past, we can't change it.  Keep your
mothers records use them as a learning tool as much as we use the Singers,
Buchanans and Dukes as teachers.  Remember the one Star Trek episode about
Khan I believe where the characters talk about the how they spoke of great
if evil men of history.  Remember there is sometimes a fine line between
what is good and what is considered evil.  Many would say they were saving a
child a life time of heartache at being picked on for having a big nose.
(Ok, so my blood sugar is low, I just got home from a rough case of hearing
a mother emotionally abuse her child, AAARGH!!!)  But ya got me started on a
subject I could talk decades about....

Beth the tired OT