C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:58:08 -0500
Ah yes, but the article was too general in scope to go into detail about such
problems. Any interruption or delay in prenatal development has reprecussions
down the road, but this is becoming widely accepted after many years of
research.  I remember though, when I was in college, reading that acid (or
LSD) had the potential to mess up your DNA, and so I stayed away from that
stuff.  I didn't want getting my head messed up or potential children being
messed up because of my lifestyle.

Anyway, when I was a grad student working as a summer intern at the local
'monkey farm' at the local medical school, I saw reseach done on monkeys that
showed low-birth-weight monkeys were in poorer health and had problems as they
aged (if they survived that long), which of course was the forerunner for the
research I read about this morning.  Fascinating stuff.

Kat