C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:06:56 -0500
Kathy Jo,

I assume that since you'll be travelling with a group, they will take care of everything, including checking in, checking in luggage, meal, etc., etc.

I've never had any problems travelling by air, but I've found it's a much better experience if I tell them I'll need assistance beforehand and keep reiterating it as I travel as they have to be reminded sometimes.  The airlines will help you get on board and help you get to and from gates.

Travelling by air has never been more secure, in my opinion, and going through the security checks is a lot faster than when they first ramped up security after 9/11.   I fly with no reservations whatsoever.  You can't allow the terrorists to make you live in fear, and I for one, refuse to sit at home allowing my life to be restricted by fear of terrorists.

Kat