C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:53:29 -0600
Mike,

What I'm trying to do is work with Wyoming's Housing Authorities
(there are 8, but only two are really active), to start a
homeownership program.  None participate in homeownership options at
this point, and the folks in Casper and Cheyenne say they are
interested, but don't know how to do it, and are afraid it won't work.
 If I can connect them with someone in the Bay area, where housing
prices are comparatively out of the ballpark, and Section 8 ownership
is working, it'll be tough for them to say it won't work here.  I've
got good contacts and relationships with people in Casper and
Cheyenne, but they're looking for others they can talk to that have
"been there, done that."  The folks at HUD in Denver have given us
reams of information, but the folks at the local HA's must have come
from Missouri, 'cause they keep saying "Show me."

--

Kendall