C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:16:57 -0500
Speaking of books, I saw a most interesting work this weekend.  Our
daughter, Adrienne (H.S. senior), wanted to retake the communications
portion of her SAT, and did so this weekend.  Her study guide was, get this,
a murder-mystery novel.  Pertinent phrases were bolded in the text.  The
idea behind the book was that it was easier to assimilate verbal concepts if
they are presented in story-like fashion where your imagination can work
with the more "prosaic" thought processes.  Intriguing!  She felt she did
better 2nd time 'round due to this study guide.

-K.