C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P. Conley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:11:11 -0400
As the richest nation in the world, I find it appalling that we don't have
emergency relief staging areas setup in prime areas for national disasters.
This would include California with the possibilities of earth quakes, the
east coast and the "Gulf" area for hurricanes. The talk of the calderas at
Yellowstone. It would be impossible to prestage for any and all disasters,
but a regional staging should be established, for different areas, with
monitoring as to possible need for activation and personnel and
transportation at a standby. Had the relief effort been started a day sooner
into the gulf area, the suffering would have been reduced considerably. How
much would it have helped to have bottled water trucked and ready to move
with a couple hours notice? Prepacked foods for at least a temporary
feeding. A standby call for doctors should be established, with medical
supplies pre staged. The cost to this would be astronomical. What is the
price of human life? Must we help with foreign aid? YES!! But we have a
greater requirement to take care of our own!! As Americans, we must take
care of Americans, disregarding race or ethnicity.
HGD, (Have a Great Day)
Roy P.

440-365-1819