C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:59:45 -0400
i think this is to me, if not forgive my presuming. i thank you very much
for being willing to share your pain killer. i will survive. this is just a
symptom of the managed care problem we have in this period of time. you got
a clerk that just looks at a paper and sees "average dose for xxxxxxx is 2 a
day" so know we will not let you prescribe 3 a day. they never thing of the
obvious question. is there a special reason the doctor wants to prescribe a
heavy dose? this is true of those suffering from other chronic conditions,
not only those with cp.