C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:34:57 -0400
**blush** I confess I was up for two very silly reasons:

1) I was watching a DVD I'd gotten in the mail; it was one I'd ordered -
Blackadder, Season Four - "Blackadder Goes Forth."  It's hilarious and I was
laughing until my sides hurt. Has anyone else on the list seen this show?  It
ran on the BBC originally in the 1980s.

All of the episodes take place during WWI and the humour can be macabre at
times but it's very funny, all the same.  One of my favourites lines comes in
the very last episode in which the British are told to prepare to make the
final, last push over the top out of the trenches in the war, and Blackadder
tries to get out of it and go home.  Upon receiving stupid advice from his
mentor his reaction is, "Well the phrase I'd use to describe that would rhyme
with 'Clucking bell...'" (Just think on it).

This was the DVD of the last season.  Other seasons followed members of the
Blackadder family (all called Edmund Blackadder) and their trusty servants
(all called Baldrick) at various points in history, including the Middle Ages,
Elizabethan times, and Regency times as well as WWI.  They're all very funny,
but I think this last season I just got was the best.  All the Edmund
Blackadders are inept manipulators trying to weasel their ways out of tricky
situations, and  all the Baldricks are  stupid lower-class servants but loyal
to Blackadder they are serving.

2) Then I was so wide-awake, I just had to install The Sims and I was up until
1 am playing the game, it was so addictive!  Gahhhh... I made up a family and
started manipulating them and then when they went to bed, I put the game on
"pause" and went to bed myself. I need to get a life.  LOL

Kat