C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:48:11 -0400
This sounds like the cases as depicted in the film and book, "Awakenings"
in which Dr.
Oliver Sachs found that his encephalitis patients were temporarily awakened
from their
comas when given L-Dopa.  Unfortunately, the miraculous effects were either
temporary
or envinced too many dangerous side affects to be truely affective.

But this is all very interesting, indeed!

Kat