C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KE Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:11:16 -0400
Hey, Thanks, Ken!  This is great.  Now I can use my PDA/cell phone to get
C-PALSY mail.  Cool!

Virginia, yeah, what a loss, eh?  We got a bunch of MP3 download "credit"
cards as a donation from our Family Support Group.  I'm going online now to
see if I can find some of her songs.  CPT Summers couldn't believe I'd never
heard of her.  Gee, I guess I'm more isolated from popular culture than I
thought.  Anyway, what a sweet voice.  I love her arrangement--she does
Sting better than Sting!

Ken, we're staying here for the time being.  We're going to be doing more
admin stuff than heavy lifting.  Rumor has it that we might go to the Air
National Guard base in Warner Robbins but most rumors are just
that--rumors.  We get something called a "warning order" before we move.  It
takes time to tear down the shop once we've got everything set up.  We're
doing support work for a DMAT (Disaster Medical Assistance Team) right now.
Tomorrow we might be assined something totally different, but none of us are
supposed to do grunt work because we all have medical profiles of one sort
or another.  Lots of temporary things like broken arms, sprains, etc.  My
profile, of course, is permanent, but I get to play soldier because I'm a
"subject matter expert" in Civil Affairs (something I have in common with
John Edwards, eh?  LOL!).  I'll post some pictures if I can figure out how
to do it without using gu'ment property.  Anyway, I wouldn't be upset at all
if we didn't get any closer to Ike than we are right now.  I've been through
one hurricane--I DON'T want to go through another.

One of the soldiers brought her Wii game and we have a wide-screen to play
it on.  This one thing I know:  I suck at Guitar Hero.  All the kids are
getting quite the giggle watching the spastic old man.  I can't even get
"Smoke On The Water" down at the lowest difficulty setting.  The virtual
bowling, though, is an absolute gas!