C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:35:45 -0500
Hi Ken and Gary,

  Glad the credit union will help!!
  Ken, This not unheard behavior for a bank - I have banked with Suntrust since they gobbled up - Crestar - which had gobbled up whoever I was banking with - who in turn had gobbled up my orginal bank - NS&T - all the years banking with the same account - 1976  - I wanted to do a home equity line of credit - with a max of $30,000.00 ( I have roughly $300,000.00 in equity in the house - so I was asking for roughly 10%)if I needed the money for Amber's college than anything I really wanted to do - would have been nice to fix a few things in the house and pay off Citibank - but nothing huge. The idea was open the line and maybe spend a $1,000, for the bathroom floor - pay it off, then do the next small thing and have the money available for college when it was needed - I was turned down - they would refinance the whole house - but not do the home equity line of credit - why my credit is not sterling - actually I think its because they would get more out a refinance than just a small loan. Turns out I have saved enough money for Amber's college - so I can pay it outright.I can't imagine actually needing money - have that much tied up in your house and not being able to get to it inthe manner you want. If your credit is the least bit less than sterling - the banks have you over a barrel. Guess who won't finanace my next car!!!

                                           Trisha