C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:22:22 -0800
It might not be unheard of but it is illegal. Federal
law is that if a finacial institution denys credit or
a credit extension, then they have to give a clear
reason for the decision. “we plugged the numbers in
our computer and that’s the way it came out” does not
meet that requirement. I had a similar case with
wachovia. I’d requested a credit line, they had turned
it down. I ask for the reason and got a similar
nochalant answer. I then ask in wrighting and was
ignored. Caaled a few more times and was just put on
hold. I drug out my book on who to complain to and
filed with the comptroller of the currency. i then
just waited. Well I got a call from a vice president
from wachovia’s corp. office. She got to give me a
reason that met the requirements of the law after tell
me that she had overuled the lower decision and
extended the credit line. Madam vice pres also got to
listen to a lecture from me on proper business
practices and business ethics. I never used the credit
line becouse I handled it in a different way.
  Washingtom mutual dissed gary, a 10 year cutomer. I
do not know if it was race, disability, or just
stupitity, but, they dissed him. I see no reason for
one person with a disability to let them dis them
becouse they’ll do it to another so he needs to file
the complaint so another disabled person will be
handled better next time. alSo merger be damned, I
don’t do business with businesses that treat me wrong.
You do not reward incompetance, you go elsewhere.
  i am not over anybodies barrel.
   Just my humble opinion.