C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:09:28 EST
I have a strange reaction to colas (Pepsi the worst).  My throat costricts
slightly and I feel like I will throw up but my head shakes a little and it
takes me a couple seconds to catch my breath.  I love pop but I wish I could
control this.  I've gotten used to it over the years but a friend at work got
scared because she never seen that reaction from drinking a can of pop.  When
I walk and I feel a burp coming up my head would drop a little and my balance
would go slightly.  Now pure orange juice, my head would shake side to side
for a second.  I almost feel self conscious about this but my true friends
accept me and all my little quirks.