C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:32:56 -0400
Susie glad to meet you.  heh don't worry most of the time when I write
to the list I need help with  something too.  Fact is most of the
questions that are asked on the list I have had no experience dealing
with so I just keep quite.  But I am starting my third year in college
so I know the problem your facing.  Below is how I would handle your
problem.

Go to the Beloit College disability support coordinator and tell them
your exact problems.   Consider telling the professors your problems.
In my situation in my US History instructor last semester used to ramble
a lot when he lectured.  But after his first test I could focus on what
he considered relevant test information.  I learn by listening.   Are
you more of a visual learner?  As many other people on the list have
said have your close friend that takes good notes help you.  This way
perhaps with time your ears can up the important material.  But if you
miss a part you can have the notes to back you up.  I hope the notes of
the others on the list as well as mine has helped your situation.  If I
can be of any further help please don't hesitate to let me know,

Jan