C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:26:02 EDT
I had a slow computer and was having problems logging on but now that I have
a new one that has a faster processor I have had very few problems.  I rather
stay with AOL.  anyone who has problems with AOL please tell us:

type of PC
processor speed  (200-800 Mhz)
how much RAM you are dealing with (32MB-512MB)

this is where the problem is in connecting with AOL or any ISP.

if you are at the low end of speed and memory your computer will stall out on
you.  The faster computers are better to handle modem signals and faster
reconnects.

There is a point with AOL needing more access numbers but then AOL will have
a monopoly on access numbers and then another Microsoft breakup problem will
start.