C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 13:18:40 -0700
Gary:

Like most "You must pass this on.......",  messages, this one appears to be BS.

I remember it from about 2000,  At http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp      Snopes explains why this is almost certainly another urban legend, a waste of space that refuses to stay dead.

A similar but briefer rebuttal can be found at Truth or Fiction: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/perfume.htm

And at http://www.scambusters.org/urban-legends/perfume-hoax.html   and
http://www.hoaxbusters.org/#P   and
http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBScareChains.shtml#perfume

There are some good resources on the 'net before forwarding scare messages, Snopes being the most popular.   Also, if the message has been reforwarded repeatedly, that's a clue it bears checking out.
BOB