C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:30:14 -0500
Friends,

I don't feel like writing a whole lot, and plus I have to start manning
telephones shortly, but we're experiencing a slow week there anyway with
people still on spring breaks.  But I want to give you a short update on my
progress with Lexapro, it's been a week since I began taking it, and I'm
proud to say that my parents and I have noticed a huge difference in my
attitude, and I no longer think crazy thoughts, and I'm more in control of
my emotions, like when I hear a joke I can laugh and stop laughing faster
instead of keeping on for 10 minutes or longer.  I'm also in more control of
my wheelchair, I haven't bumped anything, and go much slower, which feels
awesome.  I'm also more relaxed for brushing my teeth, and I'm excited to
see if it helps matters at the dentist.  Last night I had to attend a board
meeting, and it was the first time I didn't have to focus on controlling my
behavior and laughing.  And most importantly, I had a wonderful Easter with
John and Karen, we truly enjoyed ourselves without worrying about a blowout.

I have to go to the therapist next Friday, and the doctor the following
Thursday, but I want to continue taking the medicine because I feel like
somebody handed me a pair of eyeglasses to see straight again.  And I almost
feel like asking the therapist, if he knows why I needed this, I'm just
interested because I remember behaving badly in school and everybody thought
I should have controlled it myself so I tried but it leaded to great
frustration causing me to act out more, but I don't want to blame anyone for
thinking like that because most don't have training in behaviors.

Thanks,

Anthony

Visit my website at  <http://www.anthonyarnold.net> www.anthonyarnold.net