BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:07:29 -0600
Well?  Is there a better time?  Is it better to come into the makret 2nd or
3rd?  I was taught that the best place to come in with a design competition was
number two...(however experience tells me No.1 is better if the big shots hate
your design)?  Suppose you had a great new technology...being first means
investing a great deal of effort into explaining the same things over and
over...the second guy may not have to do that.

Well, what was it like to be selling epoxies early on and trying to overcome
the anamosity and suspiciion of proprietariy materials and training?  It
couldn't have been much fun.  Now epoxy is old stuff...and only a handful of
old timers remember a time when certain individuals were associated very very
closely with the stuff.

Actually guys, I'd like to hear you say that its great to be the first one into
a new market.  Well?

Sorry to break into the fun with such a serious question.

-jc