BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:26:49 -0800
Ken wrote:

"we do not always know what direction the decision tree will go in,"

Cuyler replied:

"Is that why 45 loggers were killed on the job in BC this year, a typical
year (win some lose some, I guess), and that is why they keep the insurance
rates high for the high loss industries?   Sounds like planned demolition of
the workers by the decision trees."

Now, Worker's Compensation Insurance for museums is about the lowest of any
workplace, due mainly because of the attitude of "Preventive Conservation"
that tends to become a way of life for curators.   Not many artefacts
deciding to fall off of high shelves and kill museum staff.   When I ran a
historic site business, I paid $0.03 per $100 of pay for worker's insurance
while the tree killers paid $1.75 per $100.

cp in bc