BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:19:29 -0700
Mike,  Here's a question I have not thought of in over 35 yrs.  Why
were/are green cement blocks more expensive?  Way back when I was married
to a different fella we built a house using split face cement blocks.  I
orginally wanted green but they wanted ten cents a block more for green,
all other colors were one price.  We used brown instead.

We used brown mortar, it was brown all the way through, why mix up 2
batches just to make the inside and outside 2 different colors.  Don't know
whether it was natural or unnatural cement but the house is still standing.
I handled every block in that house at least twice and some more than that.
Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT