BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:29:56 -0800
Edison was a busy man, but he didn't put life's pleasures aside...two
wives, something like six children.  According to the book Edison, A
Life of Invention by Paul Israel:

"One day, when standing behind the chair of one of his female
employees, Miss Ma[r]y Stilwell, that young lady suddenly turned
round and exclaimed, 'Mr. Edison, I can always tell when you are
behind or near me.'  'How do you account for that?'  mechanically
asked Mr. Edison, still absorbed in his work. 'I dohn't know, I am
sure,' she answered; 'but I seem to feel when you are near me.'
'Miss Stilwell,' said Mr. Edison, turning round now in his turn and
looking the lady in the face, 'I've been thinking considerably of you
of late, and if you are willing to have me I'd like to marry you.'"

The two were maried a week and a day later.

The Rev.