BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 17:25:46 EDT
Ellis Island

The US Supreme Court has decided to divide Ellis Island between NY & NJ, with
the majority going to NJ. According to the newspaper this includes dividing
the ownership of some of the buildings, possibly on an imaginary line. I can
see this as either resulting in absolutely no work ever being done on the dual
ownership buildings, or a strange rivalry developing whereby 1/3 of a building
is restored and the other 2/3's is left to deteriorate. There appears to be a
lack of common sense here. I'm reminded of houses in which the south end is in
one phone exchange and the north end is in another phone exchange.

Any ideas on other scenarios that could develop out of this dual ownership?

][<en Follett