BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:01:48 -0500
http://orgrease-crankbait.blogspot.com/2009/11/book-review-only-girl-by-lian-gouw.html

A younger generation relative of mine is a friend of the author and it
was through a status update on Facebook that I was informed of the
existence of the author, and of the novel. A book, and an author
recommended up through the family seemed relevant to me. Usually I find
out what is going on with various babies and young children that I do
not know, but would like to know, in the family through Facebook. In
part I wanted to procure the book in order to share it back through the
family (which if you read the book will seem particularly circular and
relevant). This share back remains my intent, and it is the main reason
that the cost of the book did not dissuade me from the purchase. So I
ordered it through the author’s attractive billboard website, paid with
PayPal.

Next thing I get an e-mail direct from the author that thanks me and
asks how I had come to find the book. I thought, wow, this is nice! I
pay for a book and within the day I get a direct communication with the
author. How neat is that? I explained the family connection. We shared
over that. The book arrived in the mail. There was a note from the
author, sort of — it looked like it had been a copied note to again
thank me for the purchase, with the PayPal receipt information. It felt
sort of like when you buy a used book through Amazon and it shows up in
an envelope that has seen a few global excursions and the system wants
to know if you were happy with the exchange. I was happy.