BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The parapyschology listserv ....
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:01:10 -0400
on 10/4/02 3:01 PM, Stevenson, Pam at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Could some of this be a backlash cover to September 11 claims?  Just curious
> why the sudden and drastic increase.

A roofing contractor in Hartford Connecticut picked up on this issue in a
trade publication, Roofing, Siding and Insulation Magazine, www.rsimag.com,
that states the problem is "due to an old labor law referred to as the
"scaffold law" or workplace act in New York,".  "Sections 240 and 241 of
that law make the employer responsible for any falls from scaffolding."
"The employer has no defense because sections 240 and 241 do not allow it,
because it was caused by a fall from a height."   "...the impact of the
settlements reached are sometimes so massive that insurance policies held by
individuals are ether canceled or the price of insurance is raised 10 to 12
times higher than what it was two or three years ago."

If you would like this article faxed to you call 860-974-3448 and if you do
not get me leave a message with your fax number.  I would e mail it but my
younger son has screwed up the other computer for now.

Bill