BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:49:18 -0500
I'm no geologist, but in class I learned that some sandstones are permeable, allowing moisture to migrate, some not. If you coat the facade to prevent moisture from getting in, you might be preventing it from getting out. Aside from gutters, there might be moisture migrating from inside the building through the stone and (micro) freeze- thawing behind the moisture barrier.

How to prevent that is another question.

Larry2