BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:26:42 EST

> Did anyone ever ask Ken why there was an intended firewall? Ken?

I'm not sure which firewall is being referenced.

I think someone at one point indicated that we could not have a "preservation
free range" if people were inhibited that their messages would be preserved.
There is possibly a concern that some intruder would threaten one or another
careers of a preservationeer for expressing themselves candidly. I feel it
important that all subscribers be aware of accessibility to the list archives.
I am supposed to be able to figure out how to edit the archives... another
weekend of labor. Right now I'm struggling to figure out how to delete a few
of the subscribers that I added.

If it is the G&E and Barnumesque rhetoric that is a threshold to the list, in
question, then the explanation is that I did not want to host a list where
subscribers would start out inclined to be too serious and/or vote to kill Gab
& Eti. I also wanted to avoid subscribers who would claim that they were too
busy using the delete key.

If it is another firewall referenced then please describe in more detail.

][<en