BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
adaptive re-use is from the department of repetitive redundancy division <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 08:48:03 -0500
Mike writes:

 >>What is the method of analysis for determining that it is cocker
spaniel hair
as opposed to mutt hair with only partial cocker spaniel DNA? >>

Empirical Observation: we went down the road to the dog grooming parlor
and watched the cocker spaniel be shorn. We did not go next door to the
breeding parlor.

 >>What is the
critical cocker spaniel content for best performance? <<

Accurate Measurement during onsite mixing in critical:  first fluff hair
with forked alder branches on thrashing floor, then two bunches per
mixing pan full

 >>Is there a detrimental
level of non-cocker spaniel hair that may compromise plaster durability?<<

let cure for two summers, if the plaster has fleas, that's way too much

 >>Does it matter if it's male, female or neutered cocker spaniel hair?
Is American cocker spaniel hair OK, or do we need to import it from
someplace that has centuries more cocker spaniel history?<<

I'm sure Martha Stuart would be able to guide you.

See all our details on clay soil plaster and reinforcement fibers in
"High-tech Help for Primitive Plaster", Old-House Journal, Sept. 1993.

John (saving hair for a rainy day) Leeke