BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
This isn`t an office, it`s hell with fluorescent lighting.
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:41:56 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> K-
>
> I recall an early residence in LA where it appeared that a large
> section of chain link fence was used as a porch roof (trellis?) but
> disappeared into the mist.
> I tried to imagine painting while hanging from a helicopter. Aren't
> the panels poppin' in Gilboa?
>
> VI

Found art:

"He transformed a plain 1950s-style tract home into a
house-within-a-house, encasing it in a skin of corrugated steel and
chain-link fence. Why? "To explore the denial thing," says Gehry. "And
it was an easy thing to do it with, because no one likes chain-link,
including me and yet the culture was absorbing huge amounts of it
worldwide.'' "So when I put a little chain-link up here on the outside,
everybody got upset because I was using it in a way that you weren't
supposed to use it.''"

"An exasperated Chris Rock points this out to those who cannot
comprehend his use of foul language in an interview by yelling, “You
ignorant people, grow up. Cursing is used for emphasis; it's never the
joke” The Boothe Prize Essays 2002, Winter 2002 Honorable Mention, Jack
Chung.