BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:04:18 -0500
cuyler wrote:

> Dear Trailer Lady,
> At the Museum of Jurassic Technology, David Wilson has created a wonderful
> exhibit celebrating early trailer history and trailer culture, a compact
> beauty of an exhibit with texts and photos from the early days of mobile
> trailer living, everything from vehicle construction to stories of residents
> learning to do the private family laundry in the public places of the
> trailer parks. Check out www.mjt.org/exhibits/trailers/trailers.htm for a
> sample of the attitude but unfortunately no pictures.   The exhibit manages
> to link Edwin Hubble's Second Realization with The Indigenous Seed Bank
> Program, Noah, and Mary Wing's 1933 invention, enhanced by exquisite little
> models of the ovoid trailers in night-time mini-dioramas with lights shining
> from the cozy innards of the little two wheeled spaceships.

wow, cuyler, thanks for the tip on jurassic.....
cool site, wish there were pictures!
I wish I could go to culver city RIGHT NOW   ;)

so far, I have to go see Merlin Dirks, in greeley, colorado,
Prof. Carlton Edwards, in rome, georgia,
and this museum in california
in my quest to learn more about classic mobile homes....

all this, and pinheadz all over north america, are going to make
for one FINE roadtrip next spring or summer   ;)

thanks again for the tip, and keep em coming folks!!
classic trailers and
networking at it's finest   ;)

deb the trailer lady