BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:48:58 EDT
Honored Sir,

I've forgotten whether Stanley is Laurie's uncle or father, but we'll assume
that whichever one he is, he didn't consult her when contracting for the
replacement of your double hung thingies.

You have found yourself in the exact trap that our esteemed colleague Mr.
Seekircher has been warning about....i.e., insulated glass windows on which
the seals go bad (not like barking seals that my wife used to hear at the
Lincoln Park Zoo in Chgo). .Seekircher's argument ,in addition to the
keep-the-original- fabric  argument, is that the sealant has a limited
lifespan and the insulating property of the glass will be lost when the
sealant fails, so the damn windows are going to have to be repaired (if
you're lucky) or replaced yet again when the sealant fails and you can't see
out them to mix your double hung mint juleps any more.

I gotta admit I like this additional reason for keeping the old shit, and it
makes sense.  But whether it's true could depend on whether you're talking to
lunatics like us, or reasonable aluminum window salesmen who drop their
products on cabs from 20 floors up. Perhaps our fellow Pinheads can advise on
their lifetimes' worth of experience with this matter.

Make mine a double while you're at it, too.

Ralph