BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:50:30 EST
In a message dated 1/6/00 9:28:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Sorry Ken but this is NOT NYC where there is a contractor on every corner
>  waiting to do business.  If I can find ONE  guy who will: 1) show up; 2)
>  show up not drunk; 3) knows something about what he is doing, I will feel
>  myself VERY lucky.  Ruth

Ruth,

Contrary to rumor, those guys on the corners in NYC are Taxi drivers, not
contractors. As to the ladies on the corner, I'll leave that to the Humor
Czar to complain.

Since you are concerned about sobriety I do suggest you contact Vermont Slate
& Copper Services: [log in to unmask]

Though if I were looking for slate work on my own house I would call
Evergreen Slate and ask them for three recommendations:

Evergreen Slate Co., Inc.
68 Potter Ave.
Granville, NY   12832
518-642-2530    Office