BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:17:32 -0100
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I hope this confuses all of the issues sufficiently.

Not in the least. I won't go on about the time we painted the cast iron
facade the wrong color. But I will mention that on the primer and two
coats of finish that I learned after the first two cast iron projects to
have the first finish coat a slight tint off from the second because
though we were applying two finish coats the 'client' could not see it
and claimed we had not and we found ourselves doing 3 finish coats. So
then I had a client that took more than a month to select the tint of
the 1st finish coat as they were so worried that someone might scratch
the top coat. Helping people decide what they want to do is not my
particular forte. This incident was one of the culminating factors in my
determining to never do any residential project without an architect
involved. It goes along with my earlier resolve never to work for anyone
who cannot read the backside of a cement bag (or I suppose the label on
a paint can). Note that I say work FOR.... I am perfectly willing and
often pleased to work with people who cannot read the backside of a
cement bag... they tend to make up for it in other ways.

][<