BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The weather listserv for hotheads....
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:30:45 EDT
unHampton Hurricane

I left the house in the morning to go to town to work and while I was gone
the remnants of the hurricane came along and made a shambles of the
neighborhood where we live. The large dead branches of oaks fell, acorns
fell, whole oak trees fell on houses. Loose chickens were blown around in the
woods, mixing with dead brown leaves. It was wet. Raccoons suddenly found
themselves swimming in the bay. High tide reached out for the house.

When I got home that evening, with the sun setting, it was all over. A
pleasant calmness. Like so many events in my life, my wife told me about her
day in the house, in the storm, while I watched the Weather Channel.

XXX

This time of year I think about hurricanes.
][<en