BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Preservationist Protection Program <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 06:17:17 +1000
--- Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Why are these aluminum storm windows of such
historic
> significance?
> If your  problem was having found an old  and
> disfiguring (but not original)
> 3/8" diameter hole at eye level in a  wooden door in
> an old theater, before
> we tell you to put in a dutchman and paint out the
> hole, it would be most
> helpful to know that the theater was Ford's Theater,
> and the hole was in the
> door leading to the presidential box, and that the
> hole was drilled on the
> afternoon of April 14, 1865 by John Wilkes Booth.  I
> would propose that that
> particular hole has historic significance, and
> should not be patched.
> But what's so important about your aluminum storm
> windows?

Ralph

See my previous response to Eric for significance of
windows.  But I take your point.  I didn't give you
enough information to start with.  Sorry.

david

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!