BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darling, all I want is that you should be a pinhead -- Arlene Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:17:00 -0400
I do not have hard facts but based on my experience, the technology
probably:
Traveled from east coast to west and from cities out to the countryside
Was influenced by the Wars and the Depression
Depended on the practitioner (carpenter) and availability of materials and
lengths required - balloon framing requires longer lengths of studs.

Bottom line you probably can not put a date on it. Around NYC and the
northeast platform framing became common after WW II.

Please note my direct phone and fax numbers have changed again

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation
Associate
LZA Technology