BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:52:14 -0600
(The oil
refineries of Pasadena, TX?)

 Oh, you had to bring those up. Late last year, Bush and friends had
Ellington Field on the list for possible closing, this is home to the 147th
fighter group. This would have left the nearest air cover for the refineries
we all need, the 2nd to 3rd busiest port in the country, NASA, and the
largest medical center in the world, at Barksdale AFB, in Shreveport La.
Ellington Field is the same air base that a young George was errant from
while working the Alabama reelection circuit, during his national guard
stint (helping keep America safe, he was). Ellington is about 1 minute from
the refineries by air. Not that they can protect the whole place, but its
better than 20 minutes at mach one, to view the flames. As I understand it
75%-80% of the country's refining capacity is within 100 miles of Pasadena.

"drinking and driving, and flying, and drinking, and driving"