BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 10:59:36 -0400
I don't think it is fair to lump all cast stone as bad. It is a "tool" that
is sometimes appropriate such as when you need to replace a stone lintel in
NYCity you need to use a reinforced unit, the code does not permit replacing
in kind. I have also used it to replicate other materials when the original
was not successful. However, we found limestone to cost about the same as
cast stone on the Empire State Building so we definitely went with
limestone.

Thanks,

Eric Hammarberg
Vice President
Thornton Tomasetti
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY  10010
T 917.661.7800  F 917.661.7801
D 917.661.8160

This message sent from Treo, please pardon spelling and other mistakes.