BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 05:45:07 +0100
>>> Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]> 13/10/99 10:32:58 >>>
writes:

How about Cuba?  Closer than Taiwan and has wonderful deteriorating
buildings ... how about Spanish, David?

Mary

Incredible buildings (and fabulous music). I recommend it. What a time capsule. And no dryvit that I could see. I wonder if the lack of funds for construction (and just about everything else) has lead to a decline in traditional building skills?

Mary

No Spanish I'm afraid.  You'll have to keep Cuba ... if the buildings are anything like the old houses in East Berlin, then it will be terrific.  I spent a night in East Berlin last year, and the refurbishment work is really interesting.  Certainly the city life is absolutely fantastic, and the atmosphere after dark is great.  Art galleries open until 1am.  Bars still going strong at 3am.  And residential, mixed in with light commercial, mixed in with galleries and bars and restaurants.

Cheers

david

PS  Only advantage with Taiwan and China is that they have more money to spend!