BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The "hissen at the silence" listserv ....
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:47:15 -0400
Regarding Cotswolds in Michigan...

... interesting stonemason from UK working on Cotswold stonework at
Dearborn.

> ][<en

Did you also meet a Michigan stone mason name of Lanny McCord?  He had
done some work at the Cotswold cottage a couple years ago, and I thought
he was really good to work with.  We had also done a project together
restoring the Kirk-in-the-Hills bell tower in 94 or 95, which I
presented at Restoration in Baltimore, and was the very first time I met
you, Ken, pre-APT.  You were very funny, and I was way too serious.
Still that way...

Next time in Michigan, if you want to see Cotswold, visit the Edsel and
Eleanor Ford Mansion in Grosse Pointe.  The stone tile roof is pure
cotswold, and it is beautiful.

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA