BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:37:01 EST
Anne-

I hesitate to start this, but again I suppose I must. Loved your stone story.
I was in Ireland four years ago with my wife, who was 7 months pregnant (we
had a sudden panic attack, unfounded, that once we had the kid our travelling
days were over). I came home with three huge chunks of peat, a constant
reminder of what life might have been like had my ancestors not emigrated, as
well as some sandstone and other building fragmants. I also brought back from
Dingle some sheep poop which I dubbed "Dingle Berries".  Anyway, the place we
were visiting was my father's mom's family home in Cahirciveen, which is also
in Kerry. Do you have any connection to the town? (Our pond crosser was Daniel
O'Sullivan, in 1843. Got any goods?