BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:42:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/99 10:05:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>And what did the rest of you not do on your honeymoons, so that Derek will
be prepared?

The day of our marriage (20 yrs next February), in the Rockville, MD
courthouse, we were both to work by 10 AM. I was in my work clothes with a
pencil still stuck behind my ear. The boss man was irritated to give that
much time off. I won't mention names. What honeymoon? A week later I was
forced to fire the witness to our wedding, my helper, because his car kept
breaking down and he was late to work a few too many times for the @$)(*%
boss. I then ended up in the hospital in intensive care for a week, which
really set the boss off on a stink. One word of advice is don't play mind
expanding ping-pong under the table. The ex-boss now wanders around the
preservation network telling people that he taught me everything I know...
fat chance. I remember the day my wife had to go off for an amniocentisis
(sp), I thought it kind of important to go with her, and the boss man
demanded to know, "When the F___ is this going to end?" Well, every once in a
while we catch a chance to imagine we are on honeymoon. We have not yet found
an end.

][<en