BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P on ICORS: The Orange Blaze/Texas Funeral Home Commission
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:41:25 -0500
I like Tnemec Paints, too, but I especially like saying their name.

I also like Ameron Paints.  We used Ameron epoxy under their
polyurethane 15 years ago on the Michigan State Capitol galvanized steel
dome, and the paint is still in excellent condition.  Vertical Access
did an inspection last fall, and with only minor rusting at chaffing
joints, we all agreed it has at least another 5 good years.  The cost of
access is so prohibitive, we need to monitor conditions, but not repaint
until it's worth the cost of doing the entire project.

Tnemec has been used to repaint the restored metal windows at
Fallingwater, a wet environment, but no salt.

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA, FAPT

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104