BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 07:08:56 -0500
Note from Hayseed country:  That may be concrete in 'at 'ar truck but it's
a CEMENT MIXER.  Guess if you mix cement, pronounced SEEment, with whatever
you mix it with, it becomes concrete.  BTW:  What is cement and where does
it come from?  I know it doesn't grow on trees, does it?  Ruth

At 8:26 PM 01/14/2000, Ralph Walter wrote:
>In a message dated 1/14/2000 12:41:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>
><< Cement... as in that gray powdery stuff? Or is this a grumpy architect
> confused over concrete?
> >>

>As we says in Joisey, that's the pernt.  I've managed to cure the little
>Ralphs of calling that material cement, and most of the time She Who Must Be
>Obeyed refers to it properly, too. I even wrote to Safire, trying to
>straighten him out, but he was in his 60-million-minkeys-can't-be-wrong mode.
>
>Do any of us (or any of Them) refer to bread as "flour" or "yeast?"  I think
>not.
>
>Ralph

Ruth (HOUGHTON) BARTON
Westminster,Vermont, USA